I am an independent artisan, currently focusing on hand beaded wearable and non-wearable art. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, or to share your bead work.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Snowflake Beads


Private collection

Please excuse the threads in this picture. I had not attached the beaded beads to anything, wanted the threads intact.

I had made a kit from (some place I am currently blanking on, they seem to no longer exist, but I will look for their name and post it), that was beaded friendship flowers. Making those got me going, and I made a bunch more using different kinds of beads. These are all vintage German pressed glass, and turned out quite lovely, but... I did not realize how rough the edges of the holes were and they frayed the thread. I had to go back and smooth out all the holes and remake them.

Cool thing is, I sent this picture to my father, and as a surprise he had postage made for me with the beads on them. I used them for my Christmas cards the next year. Really fun what you can do with US postage these days! And what you can do with beading!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites