I am an independent artisan, currently focusing on hand beaded wearable and non-wearable art. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, or to share your bead work.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Victorian Lace Cuff (Northern Lights set)


Private collection
This bracelet is an unbelievably looooonnnggg piece of netting. It was my first go at color shading, and I think it turned out well. I ran some elastic up the center, using one of the greatest inventions of all time, a floss threader (you find it at your pharmacy). I shredded about 5 of them, but it worked, and floss threaders are disposable.

None of the pictures do it justice ( see photo of the necklace for a more accurate rendition of the colors), but at least you can see how it looks on.
You can not tell here, but it just glows, and is very spring like colors.
While making it, I discovered a great thing about the netting,
and made the Netted Northern Lights Necklace, that goes with it.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites